Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Interpreters and Conference Interpreting</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

University of Leeds

Schools which don't have their own forum (yet)

University of Leeds

Postby jessp » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:31 am

Hi all,
I'm starting the MACITS course at University of Leeds in September and I'm starting to look at my accommodation options. I was just wondering if there's anyone on the forum who is also starting this course or one of the others offered by the Centre for Translation Studies at Leeds this September?
Also, if there's anyone on the forum who has already done the course and has any tips either for accommodation or getting a headstart before teaching begins, it would be much appreciated :)

Thanks very much,

Jess
jessp

Re: University of Leeds

Postby herewego » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:32 am

I'll be starting MACITS in September too! I know the Leeds accommodation site www.unipol.org.uk has a board on it where people post information about spare rooms in their houses etc. (go property search>student to student notice board) and I think the university has some house mate finding events going on at the end of August/start of September. There was some information in the email sent out from the school I think. What's your language combination?

See you in September!

Jennie
herewego

Postby jessp » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:09 pm

Aha cool thanks, I'd been on that website but hadn't seen the forum so I'll check it out. I've been looking at http://www.spareroom.co.uk as it's one I've used before when looking for houses/flats.

My language combination is English A, Spanish C, Portuguese C. What's yours?

I'm looking forward to starting :)

Jess
jessp

Postby herewego » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:25 pm

Me too, I can't wait. I'm English A, Spanish C, French C. Good luck with the house hunt! :)

Jennie
herewego

Postby confinter » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:59 pm

Hi Jennie and Jess,

I"ll be starting the course in September as well. My language combination is English A and French B. Did you try for accomodation on campus?
Cheers

Rahul
confinter

Postby pinkylife » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:35 am

jessp wrote:Hi all,
I'm starting the MACITS course at University of Leeds in September and I'm starting to look at my accommodation options. I was just wondering if there's anyone on the forum who is also starting this course or one of the others offered by the Centre for Translation Studies at Leeds this September?
Also, if there's anyone on the forum who has already done the course and has any tips either for accommodation or getting a headstart before teaching begins, it would be much appreciated :)

Thanks very much,

Jess

Hey Jess,

Glad to hear that there are people here who study at Leeds.
Could you please tell me how did the interview go? i mean in terms of questions, discussions..
Thanks a lot
pinkylife

Return to Other schools