Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Interpreters and Conference Interpreting</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

MA Translation English as A language

MA Translation English as A language

Postby pfaffikon » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:00 pm

Hey there,

I'm considering applying to the MA Translation Studies this year and I've noticed that, a) there seems to be a lot more people applying to interpreting, not translation; b) few people seem to have English as their A language! Does anyone know anyone who's done the translation program with an EN-FR/ES combination?

And also just a general question... would you say there's more of a need for translating English into other languages than vice versa, in the context of either the UN or Geneva? That might explain the apparent lack of this particular language combo... and obviously the fact that many courses are offered in French. I'm assuming everyone accepted into the school is in excellent possession of the French language.

pfaffikon

Return to ETI (Geneva)