Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Interpreters and Conference Interpreting</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Portuguese

Italian, Portuguese and Romanian A's, show yourselves here! Please include your complete combination (A-B-C), your location and your future/current interpreting school.

Portuguese

Postby Maneca » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:07 pm

Hello to everyone!
I'm a Portuguese student currently doing erasmus in Finland :D
I'm studying translation but my idea was to change, i was thinking on taking an Masters in Conference Interpreter since this last year i've become quite interested in it!
I think my language levels are: Portuguese A; Spanish and English C but i think i can change them into a B with a little of practice. I'm also studying Finnish language but still it isn't a C.
I contacted the University of La Laguna to know more about the Masters but they told me it could get quite difficult to get in since they don't have that many Portuguese speaking students. So i will try to get join the Masters in Lisbon's University.

Anyone interested in training some languages? :)
Maneca

Re: Portuguese

Postby SeleneC » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:46 pm

Hi Maneca!
I'm currently studying portuguese, looking for an immersion program in Rio this summer.
Did you get in UFLU or La Laguna?
Best!

Clau
SeleneC

Postby elangdon » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:13 pm

Hi Maneca and Clau,

I am seriously considering applying for the Masters in Lisbon for 2012-2013. I am English A and Portuguese nearly A, and Spanish C.
I am looking for a practice partner who is disciplined, so we can keep each other on target.

Let me know if you are interested.

elena DOT langdon AT gmail DOT com
elangdon

Postby Sonjaks » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:14 am

Olá!

I think ESIT also has Portuguese A, as does ISIT. If you want to go to Brazil check out Sao Paulo's program. Mozambique also has a CI program with many of Lisbon's professors.
Sonjaks
Professional interpreter

Postby elangdon » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:29 pm

Thanks, Sonjaks!
What is the name of the university in São Paulo?
I will check ESIT and ISIT, too.
elangdon

Postby SeleneC » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:04 am

Thanks Maneca!

Elangdon: Maybe Sonjaks was refering to PUC or Universidade Gama do Filho?

Best!
SeleneC

Postby Sonjaks » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:50 pm

I was referring to PUC, I didn't know there was another program at Gama do Filho.
Sonjaks
Professional interpreter

Postby Glerter » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:16 pm

Hi everybody.
I am Portuguese A, English B, French C. Looking for a partner to practice for the exams, sharing experiences and also starting learning languages.

good luck.
Glerter

Postby Utibe-A » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:21 am

Hi there......Compliments of the season.

Woud like to have to practice both consec and silmult with. My combination is English A, Portuguese C and French C. Would like to upgrade the Portuguese to a B (with a lot of work, I know)

Currently an exchange program student from University of Ghana with University of Lisbon....and will be going back to Ghana soon to continue my studies.....and would like to keep up practicing in Portuguese - English.

Holler if interested.

Thanks
Utibe
Utibe-A

Return to Other Romance languages