Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Interpreters and Conference Interpreting</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

interpreter school/or exam in berlin

German A's, Dutch A's, let us hear from you here! Please include your complete combination (A-B-C), your location and your future/current interpreting school.

interpreter school/or exam in berlin

Postby tatiouchka » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:32 am

Hello everyone
I am new in Berlin and i would like to work as an interpreter here.
I speak fluently french german and portugese. I didn't do any school but i have some work experience
Do you know short time school that i could attend to/or maybe an exam that i could attend to?
I am also interested in meeting people from the field / people taht are already working or students
Thank you very much for your answers
tatiouchka
tatiouchka

Re: interpreter school/or exam in berlin

Postby karolin » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:43 am

Hallo Tatiouchka,

ich weiß von keinem Programm in Berlin, aber etwa 1 Stunde entfernt in Magdeburg (Sachsen-Anhalt) bietet die Hochschule Magdeburg-Stendal neben dem Bachelorstudiengang Fachdolmetschen für Behörden und Gerichte folgende Zusatzangebote zur Weiterbildung an:
- Simultandolmetschen
http://www.fachkommunikation.hs-magdebu ... php?id=115

und

- Dolmetschen/ Übersetzen für Gerichte und Behörden
http://www.fachkommunikation.hs-magdebu ... php?id=113

Die Programme haben einen guten Ruf und sind international bekannt.
Wenn ich dir irgendwie weiterhelfen kann, melde dich ruhig bei mir oder schreibe direkt an die Hochschule.

Viele Grüße
A: German, C: French, English
karolin

Re: interpreter school/or exam in berlin

Postby frogman » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:45 pm

tatiouchka wrote:Do you know short time school that i could attend to/or maybe an exam that i could attend to?
I am also interested in meeting people from the field / people taht are already working or students

Since interpreting is (much) more than speaking a couple of languages, I don't think you could take a test without having attended a course in interpreting. Such courses are generally one to two year long, you can apply once you have a bachelor in a relevant field of study.

The course will also give you access to people already working and other students. Simple networking without proper training will hardly do the trick, since there are plenty of (qualified) fish in the sea you'd have to compete with.

Schools offering a masters course in conference interpreting are located in : Germersheim (Heidelberg), Cologne, Leipzig, Mainz and Munich.
Made in Brussels
A | FR
B | DE
C | EN, HU

Én csak azt mondom, Pelikán elvtárs, a nemzetközi helyzet egyre fokozódik.
frogman

Return to German and Dutch