Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Interpreters and Conference Interpreting</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Greek'A ! anyone for 2011?

Greek A's, express yourselves here! Please include your complete combination (A-B-C), your location and your future/current interpreting school.

Greek'A ! anyone for 2011?

Postby Alex_grec » Mon May 30, 2011 3:38 am

Καλημέρα ! Hey everyone,

I am in the list with the admissibles of ESIT and I'm looking for those who are Greek'A ! I know it is hard to find a lot of people passing the exam and be admissible for July, especially with combinations that include greek .. But I hope this time I'll be lucky ! My combination is Greek/English/French/Italian (A/B/C/C respectively) and I'm searching for those who have the same or similar combination. If anyone has any kind of information that can be helpful, it would be great !
Alex_grec

Re: Greek'A ! anyone for 2011?

Postby dimpa » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:49 pm

Hey there,
I see you posted this a year ago, but I'll give it a shot..
I study conference interpreting at the Aristotle Univeristy with Greek (A) English & German (C)
So maybe we can do some practicing together through skype or exchange speeches :)
dimpa

Re: Greek'A ! anyone for 2011?

Postby knick » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:29 am

Hi everyone!

I'm more than interested in entering ESIT. Greek is my A, but I am wondering what and how and if I would be a possible candidate.
My language combinations are Greek<>English, Greek<>German and French<>Greek. Do you think it is possible they will recruit someone with these combinations? How is the status for Greek in ESIT now? As I can see on the AIIC list of schools, Greek is supposedly taught as a C, but I'm not quite sure.
Especially for those who have entered (but for those who wish to enter as well), do you have any secret, advice, experience -at least as far as the exams go- that you could maybe share with me?
Another thing is that I've spend 13 months in total in Germany, but not consecutively (11 consec. and 2 generally, for which however, I have justification). Do you think this would be a problem. And since I haven't spend more than six months in England, do you think I could apply with English as a B?

Any tip is more than welcome! :roll:

Thank you!
knick

Return to Greek