Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Interpreters and Conference Interpreting</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Kaliningrad for Russian?

Schools which don't have their own forum (yet)

Kaliningrad for Russian?

Postby Aug » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:53 pm

Hey everyone! I am less than two weeks away from leaving for Russia! I'm going to be doing a "pre-university program" there to get my Russian up to a university level. I'm going to be doing that at the polytechnic school in St. Petersburg, and since I want to major in humanities later on I've been looking for schools to transfer to after this year.

I was looking at the Immanuel Kant State University in Kaliningrad and found a program that might be interesting. Granted the information was in Russian so I may have misunderstood some things, but it looks like they have a 5-year, I assume combined Bachelor's/Master's, in linguistics/interpreting and translation.

Do any of you know anything about this school or program by chance?

Once I finish, I will have been in Russia for about 6 years. Hopefully my level of Russian will be pretty high by then. ;)

Thanks!
Audrey
Aug

Re: Kaliningrad for Russian?

Postby schaemtsichfremd » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:55 am

I unfortunately can't offer you any advice about Kaliningrad or the university there, but I just wanted to say have a great time in St. Petersburg and keep us posted on your progress!
schaemtsichfremd

Postby Aug » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:13 am

Thanks! I will. I figured it's probably not well-known. The top interpreting schools seem to be in francophone regions... :/ That would be a whole new undertaking.

Darf ich mal fragen, ist Ihre Muttersprache Deutsch oder Englisch? Wo haben Sie studiert? Ich bin einfach neugierig. :) Sorry, dass ich auf Deutsch geschrieben habe. Ich will üben, weil ich schon viel verloren habe.
Aug

Postby schaemtsichfremd » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:04 am

My native language is English and I got my bachelor's in the states, I'm starting at ESIT in October though (ABC English, German, French). You don't have to apologize for writing in German though, it's not like I didn't understand :).
schaemtsichfremd

Postby Aug » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:58 pm

haha yes, I just thought switching to German was a little odd ;) Good luck with the ESIT!
Aug

Postby schaemtsichfremd » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:10 pm

No worries, I have a feeling I'm going to be doing the same thing when I move to Paris just so I can try to keep my German up while simultaneously improving my French! Have a great time in St. Petersburg!
schaemtsichfremd

Postby Aug » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:51 am

Thanks! :)
Aug

Return to Other schools