Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Interpreters and Conference Interpreting</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Swedish interpeters?

Norwegian, Danish, Swedish A's, advertize yourselves here! Please include your complete combination (A-B-C), your location and your future/current interpreting school.

Swedish interpeters?

Postby Gérardepardiou » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:40 pm

Hej hej! Jag studerar svenska men det är inte sa bra nu :mrgreen:

I was wondering, is there any Swedish interpret that can explain me how's the market in Sweden? Because as everyone speaks english there, I suppose it's not really useful around... And I suspect the private market not to be really consistent. Am I wrong?

Mvh
"C'est tout? Ah non, c'est un peu court jeune homme. On aurait pu dire, oh dieu, bien des choses en somme. En variant le ton par exemple; tenez..." E.R.
Gérardepardiou

Re: Swedish interpeters?

Postby Aymeric » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:26 pm

I don't think there is any interpreter with Swedish around the forum at the moment, but you can always visit the AIIC website and contact a few interpreters with Swedish.
Aymeric
Professional interpreter

Postby Sonjaks » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:54 am

Hei,
I asked a few AIIC English A's about working with Swedish/Danish/Norwegian C a short time ago. Most of them said that unless you really want a Scandinavian language for personal reasons, if you are starting from scratch, it is better to go for German, which is really in demand as a C (for EN A). They said that most of the budget for "exotic" languages is now going toward the latest EU expansion countries, where people tend not to have English as a second language. I guess there is some work with trade unions between EN and DK/SV.

Depending on your other languages though, it might be a nice "extra" to have Swedish. There isn't a huge demand for Swedish C, but there are also not a lot of interpreters who have that combination. And once you have Swedish, Danish and Norwegian would be relatively easy to add...

Ha det bra, vaar saa godt!
Sonjaks
Professional interpreter

Postby Kijara » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:57 am

I know of an interpreter with Italian A Swedish Bsim English C who has worked for all European institutions as a freelance. She now works on the private market both in Sweden and Italy.
Kijara

Return to Nordic languages