Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Interpreters and Conference Interpreting</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

ITI-RI , préparation aux admissions

Schools which don't have their own forum (yet)

ITI-RI , préparation aux admissions

Postby Natacha » Thu May 03, 2012 2:19 pm

Hi everybody !!!

I was thinking about posting a new topic because I received today an e-mail confirmation from the ITI-RI in Strasbourg. Indeed , for the 1st time they are organizing a preparation day to the application tests they will run in a few weeks. It will be on Saturday 12 of may and we will start with an information meeting from 10am to 1pm and on the afternoon we will work in groups divided by our working languages , 2h per language, (for me it will be spanish from 2pm to 4pm and english from 4pm to 6pm). We will work on consecutive interpretation , sight translation , rephrasing , oral synthesis , motivation and general knowledge.
If someone's interested , I'll let you know how the day went in a few days !
Natacha

Re: ITI-RI , préparation aux admissions

Postby lilonnette » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:55 pm

hello ! maybe it's too late but i'm really interested about your school ! so if you can tell me (with lots of details if you can) things about how it works in ITI-RI it will be great !!! thank you in advance !
lilonnette

Postby frogman » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:09 pm

Can't tell you what reputation and success rate the school has, but AFAIK, ITI-RI has very small classes each year. Their selection process is said to be tough. Once admitted, there's a real follow-up on your achievements. Benoît Delatre seems to be a very decent man who cares a lot about his students. I've been told they have good contacts at the Council of Europe, no clue if that gives the students a regular chance to practice in dummy booths.

Check this out : https://www.facebook.com/groups/36709370976/
Elvin is a former ITI-RI student, maybe he'll be able to answer some of your questions.
Made in Brussels
A | FR
B | DE
C | EN, HU

Én csak azt mondom, Pelikán elvtárs, a nemzetközi helyzet egyre fokozódik.
frogman

Postby Sonjaks » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:39 pm

If you have any questions send me a PM, I finished there a couple of years ago.

Frogman's comments are all correct! :)
Sonjaks
Professional interpreter

Postby monbiloute » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:55 am

Hi !

My question does not really deal with the admission tests but with my language combination. I will study Conference Interpreting next year at ITI-RI and the school

accepted me with : French A / German and English Cs. I read several comments (especially one from Sonjaks : )

Re: Is my combination TOO common?

Postby Sonjaks » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:05 pm
French As with German C are actually not that common and are in high demand

Do you really think I can easily find work with that combination ? Or should I try to add another C language to my combination (because I also speak Italian)

Thanks a lot !
monbiloute

Postby Sonjaks » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:56 pm

Congratulations and best of luck :) It will be a lot of work but I am sure you will like it.

French A with English and German C's is not too common at all. Strasbourg is a great place to do that combination, too. German C is a great advantage for French and English A's.
Sonjaks
Professional interpreter

Return to Other schools