Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Interpreters and Conference Interpreting</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Marie-Haps or EII Mons ?

Schools which don't have their own forum (yet)

Marie-Haps or EII Mons ?

Postby Timeflies » Tue May 15, 2012 12:28 pm

Hi everyone :D ,

I wrote a few emails to AIIC interpreters to ask some questions concerning interpreting schools. According to all of them, choosing the right school is very important when one considers the prospects of passing an accreditation test e.g. EU test. One of them told me that most (Belgian) students who passed the EU accreditation test were trained at EII Mons, and not at ILMH.

I really am wondering to what extent such a statement should be taken into account. I did not ask on which data she based herself to tell me that. Do you think interpreters who were themselves trained in a certain schools could be so biased as to declare something that either false or unfounded ?

The fees at ILMH are a deterrant in comparison with EII Mons :oops: especially when one knows that the formation post-niversitaire at ILMH is the second year of master in CI but costs more than five times as much...

However, as for EII Mons, the distance is an disadvantage considering I live in Brussels at 15mins away from ILMH(on foot). Do you think that spending 2 hours a day in public transportation during a course is a bad idea considering how demanding CI courses are.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Timeflies!
Timeflies

Re: Marie-Haps or EII Mons ?

Postby karolin » Sat May 19, 2012 12:59 pm

Hi Timeflies!

Quick reply: I think the main difference between MH and Mons is that Mons only accepts FR A!?
A: German, C: French, English
karolin

Re: Marie-Haps or EII Mons ?

Postby AlexandraH » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:14 am

Thanks a lot for the answer provided here.
I was also interested in the same question about MH,
so now I know what the essence is) That is awesome!
AlexandraH

Return to Other schools