Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Interpreters and Conference Interpreting</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

London Met: New MA CI

London Met: New MA CI

Postby luna » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:15 pm

Dear all,

I had applied to Westminster but after the official closure of the CI programme I have been exploring other options in the UK and I came across the London Metropolitan University.

They offer a MA in Interpreting (which also includes CI, along with health&legal) in one year full-time mode. Do you have any information about MET's reputation, compared to ETI and ESIT ?

Many thanks in advance for your reply,

luna
luna

Re: London Metropolitan University

Postby ddh » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:18 pm

Dear Luna,

the current MA interpreting at LondonMet is mainly for conference interpreting with one public service interpreting module (Legal or health). From next year, there will be an MA conference Interpreting (same as the MA interpreting but the Public service interpreting module will be replaced by an additional conference interpreting module (EU/UN context). I hope this is useful. This academic year is starting with 42 students.

You can look at the facebook page: translation and interpreting at Londonmet.

Good luck.

Danielle
ddh

Return to London Met