Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Interpreters and Conference Interpreting</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Is anybody invited to take Germersheim exams this June?

Schools which don't have their own forum (yet)

Is anybody invited to take Germersheim exams this June?

Postby languagecombination » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:38 pm

Hi
if anyone on this forum is invited to take Germersheim entrance exams this June, I would like to hear from you ....
Thanks and good luck to all of you!
languagecombination

Re: Is anybody invited to take Germersheim exams this June?

Postby Sono » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:26 pm

I applied but they don't have enough French As this year, so I wasn't invited to take the exam (so much for the trouble I went through...).
Sono

Postby languagecombination » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:52 am

@ sushi des bois
that is a pity..it is a good school. quite bureaucratic, but that's Germany, nothing to do about it :wink:
weird is that on their website there is no specific info about what exactly is required from a candidate in the entrance exam. all they say is that you will be tested in your B and C, etc ...nothing specific about HOW they do it.
All the other schools I know --and I know many--, have info about what to expect, so one knows what to expect on the day of the exam..their info is quite vague though, oh well....
good luck to you anyway.
languagecombination

Postby schaemtsichfremd » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:13 pm

@language combination

Best of luck on the exams! If you could, it would be really great if you wrote a post about what their exams are like. I'm sure more people than just me could benefit from it :D
schaemtsichfremd

Postby languagecombination » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:54 am

Best of luck on the exams! If you could, it would be really great if you wrote a post about what their exams are like. I'm sure more people than just me could benefit from it :D[/quote]

Hi,
I can certainly post afterwards if I take it for sure, but I doubt many people are interested, you are the first on this forum, who I see expressed any interest in Germersheim, there is a post on there about this school, from last year...and zero responses. but ok. :)
languagecombination

Postby gitanerousse » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:59 pm

sushi des bois wrote:I applied but they don't have enough French As this year, so I wasn't invited to take the exam (so much for the trouble I went through...).

Hi there,
if you are French A, and if you like a MA in translating and conference interpreting - quite a reputable program too, has been around for many years in fact - then you might wanna check out this school here:

Universitaet des Saarlandes

http://fr46.uni-saarland.de/index.php?id=3421

IF you are French A, then you need to be German B and EN C, so if that is of interest to you, have a a look. It is not too late to apply!
Es gibt keine Studiengebuehren.
gitanerousse

Postby Sono » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:33 pm

Thank you so much, gitanerousse! I'll probably give it a try.
Sono

has anyone passed Germersheim exams & would share ?

Postby lovethebooth » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:51 pm

Wondering if anybody on this forum might have taken and possibly passed Germersheim exams this year and would like to share their experience with the rest of us?
Would be really helpful to many - even though only 2 people seemed to have expressed interest in that programme :)
lovethebooth

Postby gitanerousse » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:45 pm

sushi des bois wrote:Thank you so much, gitanerousse! I'll probably give it a try.

just an update on the program in Saarbrücken:

The head of the German booth at the Commission said that the program in Saarbrücken is comparable to Heidelberg and Germersheim.
gitanerousse

Postby sofia » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:09 pm

Hi,
I would really like to know what the entrance exam at Germersheim is like!! Anyone have any information?? thanks!
sofia

Return to Other schools