Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Interpreters and Conference Interpreting</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Interpreting and Translating: Interviews at Bath and Leeds!

Schools which don't have their own forum (yet)

Interpreting and Translating: Interviews at Bath and Leeds!

Postby Emily787 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:45 pm

Hey everyone, :)

I have applied for MA Interpreting and Translating at Leeds and Bath with Italian and Spanish as my languages (into English). I have passed the translation tests and have been asked for interviews. Has anyone any idea how to train properly for them, besides reading the paper each day? Or is anyone in a similar situation and also applying for this course?

I've already been turned down by one University :( so I really want to do my best to get in at least one of these two prestigious universities.. Any information or advice on these interviews (translations, oral tests, individual interviews, questions asked, translation difficulty level, etc) would be HIGHLY appreciated, and if we ever met maybe I'd get the chance to repay :mrgreen:

Thanks in advance!
E
Emily787

Return to Other schools