Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Interpreters and Conference Interpreting</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

German A English & French B - Manchester

German A's, Dutch A's, let us hear from you here! Please include your complete combination (A-B-C), your location and your future/current interpreting school.

German A English & French B - Manchester

Postby janrausch » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:30 am

I have completed my course at Salford and happy to practise with interpreters in the Manchester area.

Thanks

Jan
janrausch

Re: German A English & French B - Manchester

Postby Boris » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Um welchen Kurs handelt es sich?

Boris
Boris

Postby etudiante2011 » Sun May 08, 2011 10:44 pm

The Salford course he is referring to is a T&I course, mostly translation, a bit of interpreting (liaison), 2 hours/week only total of sim and consec combined. Hardly enough conference interpreting compared to schools like ESIT/ETI, and Westminster (which no longer exist, sadly)
So if conference interpreting is what you are mostly interested in, then Salford is certainly not the best choice for you. (I am quoting a Salford lecturer who said this very same sentence to a friend of mine who was interested in conference interpreting (and not translation or liaison interpreting), so it is not me badmouthing the school.....
but if you would like to learn a tiny bit of both (T&I), go ahead, nothing bad to say about it! nice people there! by all means......
good luck!
etudiante2011

Postby Boris » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:07 am

Hi,

I failed the entry exams at ETI at ESIT and Leeds (UK) and have Asperger Syndrome which makes it difficult not to get stressed. But I am still very motivated and languages are my life. I applied at the mentioned schools with German A, English B, and French C. I also speak Arabic and learn Welsh. I am looking for a training partner to contact online maybe?

Any hints welcome.

Boris
Boris

Return to German and Dutch